How to Dispute a TAC Claim - Personal Injury Law

TAC may make decisions on your claim with which you disagree. If so, it is essential that you seek legal advice as there are strict time limits in which to dispute a TAC decision. Specifically, you can:

- Ask the TAC to review its decision within 12 months after you became aware of the decision. Galbally and O'Bryan, can help you with this (No win - No Fee) by lodging a dispute application under the "No Fault Dispute Resolution Protocols", which aim to resolve the dispute in a timely and efficient manner. If the TAC then changes its decision, it will pay your legal costs;

- Lodge an Appeal with the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) either within 12 months after you became aware of the decision or 3 months from the date the decision was affirmed, following an application under the dispute resolution protocols.


Delay may prejudice your legal rights so it is important that you obtain legal advice if unsure about any TAC decision. 

Galbally & O’Bryan can advise on claims.


The information on this website is of a general nature only and may not reflect recent changes to certain areas of law. It should not be relied upon as a substitute for discussing your situation with a qualified legal practitioner. Contact us for more information.