If you are injured while employed by a Commonwealth Statutory Authority or a company licenced to operate under the ComCare scheme, then you are entitled to compensation under the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act.

Compensation is payable for physical injuries, psychiatric injuries or any disease or medical condition (including cancers, strokes and heart conditions) caused or contributed to by work.

If you have sustained a permanent injury you may be entitled to substantial lump sum compensation.

How can Galbally & O’Bryan help?

We aim to help you obtain proper and just compensation by:

  • Advising on your rights and entitlements.
  • Obtaining medical reports from doctors as needed so you can get paid appropriate benefits.
  • Reviewing decisions of the Insurer on your claim and helping you dispute any incorrect decisions.
  • Applying to the Insurer for an impairment lump sum benefit.

We offer

  • “No win-no charge” arrangements in some injury compensation cases, the details of which we would explain and set out in writing.
  • Free telephone advice and if we can help, a free first consultation.


The information on this website is of a general nature only and may not reflect recent changes to certain areas of law. It should not be relied upon as a substitute for discussing your situation with a qualified legal practitioner. Contact us for more information.