Skip to main content

How to make a Commonwealth Employees Compensation claim?

1.Notice of injury must be given in writing to your employer as soon as possible after you become aware of the injury.

2.If you wish to claim weekly payments of compensation for time off work and/or payment of your medical expenses, you must complete a ComCare claim form, which can be obtained by telephoning the ComCare General Enquiry Line on 1300 366 979 or from:

3.The claim must be accompanied by a ComCare medical certificate, provided by your doctor, certifying incapacity if you are claiming weekly payments for time off work.

4.The insurer will generally respond to the claim within 4-6 weeks although there is no time limit within which they must make a decision.

Galbally & O’Bryan can help you with lodgement of your claim.

The information on this website is of a general nature only and may not reflect recent changes to certain areas of law. It should not be relied upon as a substitute for discussing your situation with a qualified legal practitioner.