Estate Administration and Executors
We can advise on all aspects of estate administration and the role of an executor from a straight forward grant of probate to an urgent application for letters of administration.
We can help an executor in:
• Explaining their role, duties and obligations;
• Identifying and securing estate assets;
• Determining the liabilities of the estate;
• Contacting beneficiaries and keeping them informed;
• Advising on tax issues;
• Arranging the preparation of tax returns for the deceased and the estate;
• Contacting financial institutions including Centrelink;
• Assisting with a sale of estate assets including real estate;
• Attending to the transfer and distribution of estate assets
• Applying for an executor’s commission;
• Preparing final estate accounts;
• Making applications to the court (if necessary) to obtain interpretation of a Will or deal with the administration, for example the removal of an executor.