Estate Administration and Executors
We can advise on all aspects of estate administration and the role of an executor from a straight forward grant of probate to an urgent application for letters of administration.
We can help an executor in:
- Explaining their role, duties and obligations;
- Identifying and securing estate assets;
- Determining the liabilities of the estate;
- Contacting beneficiaries and keeping them informed;
- Advising on tax issues;
- Arranging the preparation of tax returns for the deceased and the estate;
- Contacting financial institutions including Centrelink;
- Assisting with a sale of estate assets including real estate;
- Attending to the transfer and distribution of estate assets
- Applying for an executor’s commission;
- Preparing final estate accounts;
- Making applications to the court (if necessary) to obtain interpretation of a Will or deal with the administration, for example the removal of an executor.
Or call us on 03 9200 2533