A parent can apply to the CSA to change a child support assessment. A change of assessment decision is made by a CSA officer based on the written submissions of the parents and their supporting documents. Conferences may be held by the CSA officer with the parents face to face or by telephone individually or together.

Lawyers are not allowed to attend conferences held by the CSA with the parents, but we can help you to prepare an application or a response, and advise about documents and information you may need and a range of likely outcomes.

The information on this website is of a general nature only and may not reflect recent changes to certain areas of law. It should not be relied upon as a substitute for discussing your situation with a qualified legal practitioner.