Skip to main content

How to make a WorkCover Claim?

1.The injury must be reported to your employer generally within 30 days.

2.If appropriate seek medical treatment as soon as possible and provide the doctor with accurate details.

3.Lodge a WorkCover Claim form with your employer as soon as possible after injury. Claim forms can be obtained from your employer, a post office or Galbally & O’Bryan. A WorkCover medical certificate from your doctor must be lodged if you are claiming weekly payments for time off work.

4.Your employer has up to 10 days to forward the Claim to their Insurer, who then has a further 28 days to accept or reject the Claim. If no decision is made within 38 days, or the Claim is rejected, you should seek legal advice.

Galbally & O’Bryan can help you with lodgement of your claim.