Skip to main content


Many couples work out the arrangements for the care of children after separation amicably. You may need some assistance to do this. You may also want to make a formal arrangement.

Arrangements for children often change as the needs of the children change and they may need to be reviewed.

A formal agreement for the care arrangements for a child is often not necessary. An agreement can be formally recorded as a parenting order made by the Court, or informally as a parenting plan.