Skip to main content

Can I sue my employer for compensation (damages)?

1.You can sue your employer if their negligence caused your injury and your impairment is determined at 10% or more. After your impairment is assessed you can choose to accept the permanent impairment payment or to sue your employer for pain and suffering damages to a maximum of $110,000.00. Your choice cannot be altered once made.

2.You cannot sue for loss of earnings.

3.A common law settlement against your employer does not affect the insurer’s ongoing liability to pay your medical and like expenses and weekly payments for incapacity.

Galbally & O’Bryan can advise on your entitlement.

The information on this website is of a general nature only and may not reflect recent changes to certain areas of law. It should not be relied upon as a substitute for discussing your situation with a qualified legal practitioner.